Questions...

When I write, it usually stems from being hurt, depressed, sad or angry.  But these emotions, I think are the most powerful of all...and they inspire me.  Even if it was something that happened to me long ago, or something that has happened to someone else, and I'm putting myself in their shoes to feel what they feel....they inspire me.  And, I think it's pretty cool, that I can use the pain, to do something I'm really good at. (:


Questions
Someday, maybe not too far away,
Somewhere down your road...
Will it lead you back upon yourself?
And all of the lies you told?


And will you be forced to look?
When you finally come to see?
The truth of all your turbulence...
That you never could 'just be'?


Will you look back and remember,
The connection that we made?
That I was the only one you were honest with?
And how the truth, it never fades?


Do you remember my perfume?
You said you loved the way I smell.
And, my mouth was always, hmm?
Something I shouldn't tell.


Do you remember how you said...
You loved the way I kissed you?
With just the right amount of passion,
And just the right amount of truth?


Will you always stay this way?
Or will you awaken and find?
That you've already become,
That thing that you despise?


And will I still think about you?
With the same intensity in my eyes?
Will I still wish you hadn't turned away,
Will I still constantly want to cry?


Is everything you assume now,
That it just wasn't meant to be?
And do you wonder if she'll tear you apart?
(Because perhaps she will, eventually?)


And then, will you find yorself debating?
Just how we could have been?
Will you ask yourself, was I the one?
And, should you have given in?


Because would you have been my all?
Would it truly have been only you?
And as you sit there pondering,
Will you realize these things are probably true?


Why was it that you never saw yourself,
In the way that I could see?
That behind the facades and fronts,
Was a woman who did deserve me?


Me...the one you thought you wanted?
And frequently considered?
Up all night, just to hear my voice.
What made you reconsider?


Do you remember you thought you loved me?
And, that I had felt the same?
How could you change your mind so quickly?
And did you know, I thought I was to blame?


Certain I must've done something wrong,
If I hadn't, then why couldn't you see?
That we could've made the world jealous...
And how much you meant to me?


What made you stop listening,
To my voice ringing in your ears?
Maybe if it would have been louder, 
than the lies you chose to hear?


Why did you look away from my smile,
To the one in the other direction?
Was it because you were so jaded?
Or was it those boundaries that you've perfected?


The things I already know...
Perhaps someday you also will?
Yes, I've cried a bizillion tears,
But am I in love with you still?


Am I one of the many numbers,
That got crumpled and thrown away?
Forgotten and too faded to read anyway?
My own memories to be left on replay?


I suppose I'll save all of these questions,
Just another muffled, silent scream.
Because to you they're empty sentiments.
Another girl trying to sell you a dream.


All I ask, is will you remember me,
When I was more than just your friend?
Sometimes I wonder, will I forget?
Or will I remember until the end?


And why is there nothing left to ask,
Despite of all, that to me is true?
Because your heart will always be too far to reach...
And, I've got to believe that I'm over you.