I miss you my darling, I say...
Words from a pretty mouth.
Uttered with painful sincerity
Striving to eliminate your doubt.
It seems I'm not able to discover,
That place where your secret heart hides.
I've gotten this far, now I seem to be lost,
My feelings not proving an accurate guide.
Hesitation restricts my each and every move,
Among these many uncrossable lines.
How can we expect to seek the truth?
The truth is drowning in our desperate lies.
The way I've come to think of us,
Is as if we're more than what we are.
As if it were something even fate believes,
As if it'd been wished upon some star.
That time could've stood still,
That it was something meant to be.
Yet we're blinding ourselves with our fears instead,
When we could be face to face with destiny.
Thus all I possess are visions of you,
Your sweet, simple face.
That smile you seem to have perfected,
The way you wear it with such grace.
I've never seen such lovely eyes,
And the way you seem to stare.
If only you would look at me forever,
I'd never look away - I wouldn't dare.
Your pale skin glowing in the candlelight,
Flames flickering upon your face.
Your shadow lingering next to mine,
Knowing that is your place.
The place where I know you belong,
The place you and I shall dance.
The place where my breath will be upon your skin,
The place where we will finally have a chance.
We've been running with the promise of tomorrow
Yet tomorrow has now come and gone.
Spent dancing around what was truly there
As if it weren't there all along.
This my love, is our story...
But how far does our story go?
If we go on pretending forever and a day...
Our story will be one that's never told.