You've taken my heart, he said.
Yet, it already belongs to her.
I can see truth within his eyes,
This whole thing is such a blur.

I'm not a whore I keep telling myself,
And, I know that he'd never leave.
So what keeps me coming back?
It's the yearning ache inside of me.

Yes, he belongs to someone else,
Still, I wish he belonged to me.
He's got me questioning everything,
Including my sexuality.

He makes me hunger for his touch,
Which no man has ever done.
I can't help but want more of him,
But, at the same time I want to run.

Because if he says this to me,
He could be saying it to another,
Not to mention he has a wife,
His children, she's their mother.

Then, you can't help who you love,
It's not as if any of this was planned.
The heart wants what it wants,
And it feels like sinking into quicksand.

He seems like a man who says what he means,
But what if I am just a complete fool?
Sometimes when you want something bad enough,
Your eyes can play tricks on you.

Red light or green light is what I need,
But, I wish I could get past the confusion.
Do you love me?  Is this real?
Or am I falling for an illusion?